- 1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks (juice pack)
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 C tiny marshmallows
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and drained
- 1 C seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 C whipping cream
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- For custard, in a small heavy saucepan combine reserved juice, egg yolks, sugar, and margarine or butter. Cook and stir over low heat about 6 minutes or till mixture thickens slightly and coats a metal spoon. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine pineapple, marshmallows, oranges, and grapes. Whip cream till soft peaks form. Fold into custard. Pour over fruit and mix gently. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. Stir gently before serving.